Categories of Personal Information we collect
We may collect the following categories of Personal Information from or about you:
- Information commonly used to identify you, such as your name, user name, physical address, email address, phone numbers, and other similar identifiers.
- Information about your usage of or other interaction with our websites, apps, blogs, or other digital properties (our “Sites”). This information includes actions taken, date and time, frequency, duration, quantity, and performance information related to logins, clicks, messages, how you reached our Sites, and other website and feature usage information.
- Information about your purchases or receipt of meal ingredients or other products we offer, or your use of our Sites (collectively, our “Services”). This information includes:
- delivery and dietary preferences
- information related to returns, refunds and cancellations, and
- information about gift orders and referrals
- information about your interactions with technical and/or customer support
- General information about your product and service preferences, including your interest in products or services offered by third parties, and your demographics, and behavior.
- Information about your device, network, and internet connection, such as your IP address(es), MAC address, other device ID (UDID), device type, operating system type and version, and client version.
- Basic account information related to your Facebook, Apple, or other third party account if you choose to register and log in using such an account. This information includes your username and information from the third party service about whether you entered your password correctly. (These services are designed so that East Bunker doesn’t see your actual password for these services – just whether you got the password right or wrong.)
- Limited payment information. (When you pay for a East Bunker Service, your payment information goes directly to a payment processing company who is responsible for keeping your info safe. We never get your full credit card information.
- Other information you upload, provide, or create while using the Sites or our Services.
How we collect Personal Information
We collect many of the categories of Personal Information listed above when you affirmatively give it to us or transact business with us.
We also collect information automatically when you interact with our Sites. You can adjust certain settings, such as by turning off cookies in your browser or adjusting privacy settings in our apps, to reduce the amount of Personal Information we passively collect from you when you use our Services. Because we use these features to enhance your user experience (such as using cookies to remember your user name when you visit our Sites to let you know the status of your orders), disabling such features may impact our Sites’ functionality.
We may also collect some Personal Information from third-party partners, who may actively or passively collect information on our behalf when you use our Sites. We may also receive Personal Information that third parties collect in other contexts, such as when you visit other websites that are unaffiliated with East Bunker and information collected from you offline.
More about active collection
Here are some more specific examples of categories of Personal Information we gather through active collection.
- Account Information: Name, email, password, address, phone number, order status, and dietary preferences.
- Transaction Information: Information about the Services you purchase, shipping and delivery information and information related to returns, refunds and cancellations. We may also collect and store limited payment information from you, such as payment card type and expiration date and the last four digits of your payment card number; however, we do not collect or store full payment card numbers and all transactions are processed by our third party payment processors.
- Other Information You Choose to Provide, such as when you communicate with us using social media; participate in a survey, contest, promotion or interactive area of the Sites; or when you request technical or customer support.
More about passive collection
East Bunker and our third-party service providers automatically collect some information about you when you use our Sites, using methods such as cookies and tracking technologies Information automatically collected includes Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, the files viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data to analyze trends in the aggregate and operate the Sites.
In addition, when you use some of our Sites, network information is transmitted back to us such as Site usage information. This information is transmitted back to us, so we can determine how users are interacting with our Sites, to assist us with improving our Sites and Services, and to correct any problems that may occur.
East Bunker and the vendors we work with – including web analytics vendors and companies that help us market our Services – use various tracking technologies, including cookies and web beacons, to collect information about you when you interact with our Sites, including information about your browsing and purchasing behavior. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve the Sites and your experience, see which areas and features of the Sites are popular, and count visits.
When you visit our Sites from a mobile device, we collect information about the mobile device you use to access or use the Sites, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, mobile network information and information about your use of our mobile applications.
Why we collect Personal Information
We collect and use the categories of Personal Information listed above in order to get you delicious meals and otherwise provide our Services, to communicate with you about your orders and our Services, to provide customer support and troubleshooting, to improve our business, for security purposes, for other legitimate business purposes, or as required by law.
Second, we also share Personal Information with a limited number of other businesses that aren’t service providers. These businesses offer services to East Bunker, like serving advertisements on our behalf across the Internet, serving personalized ads on our website, and providing analytics services.
Third, we also may disclose your Personal Information when you voluntarily use a Site feature that requires sharing of Personal Information in order to work properly. For example, if you “Like,” “Tweet,” “Pin,” or share content using the social sharing features or other integrated tools on our Sites, you should be aware that the relevant social media company may access Personal Information from you, and any information that you post may be made broadly available, depending on your privacy settings for your social media account.
Last, we disclose Personal Information to courts, law enforcement, and other appropriate third parties when the disclosure is required or authorized by law or reasonably necessary for the protection of our property or legal rights.
More about our sharing with service providers
For example, service providers may get access to Personal Information so they can help with:
- Managing your account and sending you related information, including confirmations, updates, technical notices, security alerts and support and administrative messages
- Fulfilling Service requests
- Protecting against, investigating, and deterring fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized or illegal activity
- Providing reports to you based on information collected from your use of our Services
- Processing your orders and delivering the Services that you have ordered
- Providing support and assistance in connection with your use of our Services
- Providing the ability to contact you and provide you with shipping and billing information and other Sites, Services, recipes, services, offers, surveys, events and other news and information we think may be of interest to you
- Facilitating contests, sweepstakes and promotions and processing and delivering entries and rewards
- Enhancing your experience with our Sites
- Responding to your comments, questions and requests and providing customer service
- Complying with our contractual and legal obligations, resolving disputes with users, enforcing our agreements
- Monitoring and analyzing trends, usage and activities in connection with the Sites
- Linking or combining Personal Information from our various sources of Personal Information (described above) to help us understand your needs and provide you with a better experience
We may send you communications (including emails, phone calls, text messages, push notifications, and snail mail) to your account and transactions initiated by you (such as order status updates and billing receipts). We need the ability to send you these communications to offer the Services, so we do not allow you turn them off entirely. But you can let us know if you have a preferred method for receiving these communications by changing the Notification Settings in your account, or contacting us. We try our best to honor your reasonable preferences about communications.
We may also send additional communications about the Services, such as newsletters and additional options that may be of interest to you. We do our best to only send this type of communication to people who want to receive it. If you would like to discontinue receiving these communications, you can update your preferences by using the “Unsubscribe” link found in such emails or by contacting us using the information in the “Contact Us” in our website.
How long we retain your Personal Information depends on the type of data and the purpose for which we process the data. We will retain your Personal Information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Notice.
Security of your Personal Information
East Bunker is committed to protecting the Personal Information you share with us. We utilize a combination of industry-standard security technologies, procedures, and organizational measures to help protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. When we transfer credit card information over the Internet, we protect it.
We recommend you take every precaution in protecting your Personal Information when you are on the Internet. For example, change your passwords often, use a combination of upper and lower-case letters, numbers, and symbols when creating passwords, and make sure you use a secure browser.